PBL Web Sessions are a year long service offered for a flat fee. This service includes six total web sessions. We offer six standard PBL web sessions covering the basic elements of project-based learning instruction. Our standard web sessions are based off of need to knows we regularly encounter in our training sessions with educators. Our standard package of web sessions includes the following:
- Project-Based Learning vs. Projects
- Project Planning Process
- Driving Questions
- End Products
- Community Partners
Web sessions can be used by individuals or by an entire staff for PBL professional development. Linked here are Discussion Questions based off of each web session. You can use these to further discuss and explore the PBL concepts covered in each session.
PBL Web Sessions
Want to know more about our web sessions? Watch this brief introduction from Ryan Steuer, Executive Director of Magnify Learning.
Web Session Preview
Want to experience a web session? Check out, The “WHY” for Project-Based Learning, below to get a preview of our PBL Web Sessions.
The “WHY” for Project-Based Learning– Download and fill out this sheet as you go through The “WHY” for Project-Based Learning Web Session.
The “WHY” for Project-Based Learning Web Session Links:
- Video: Benefits of Project-Based Learning: LASPAU at Olin College: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0P0VItBJCU
- PBL Benefits-Engagement:
For more info and ideas on student engagement in relation to projects check out this website: https://www.edutopia.org/student-engagement-resources#graph2
- PBL Benefits-Equity/Achievement Gap: Here’s a resource for learning more about equity/achievement gaps: http://www.buildinitiative.org/TheIssues/DiversityEquity/OpportunityAchievementGap.aspx
- PBL Benefit-Employability (21st Century) Skills:Take a look at the Employability Skills Framework outlined by the U.S. Department of Education. http://cte.ed.gov/employabilityskills/index.php/audience/educators#
- PBL Benefits-College & Career Readiness: Check out this website on College & Career Readiness https://www.edutopia.org/blog/college-and-career-readiness-redefining-ready-anne-obrien
- Video: “It really, actually changed my life.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZxYSe26O9I
Take Action Resources:
We understand that two-four day training sessions are not sufficient for covering all of the material an individual needs in order to do project-based learning with fidelity and success over the long run. Invariably as educators develop and implement the PBL process, new “need to knows” or questions arise and the need for further PBL instruction becomes evident. Our web sessions enable individuals and school staff to continue extending their PBL knowledge by completing the courses in their own timing. As a result, participants have the opportunity to continue their PBL learning process at a pace that best meets their needs. The power of blended learning for individuals and staff is that they can be life long learners on their own time and when it fits their lives.
- Year-long, online access
- Self-directed learning at your own pace
- Multiple resources to supplement and extend your PBL knowledge
- Customized web sessions to meet your needs
To learn more about the benefits of blended learning environments you read the following articles:
Check out one of our web sessions to get a preview of our PBL Web Sessions:
For more information or questions about our PBL Web Sessions contact: Ryan Steuer email@example.com
Our PBL Web Sessions can be purchased by both school groups and individuals. To sign up for our PBL Web Sessions you can pay via Eventbrite. Larger groups also have the option to pay via invoice from their school. If a school district would like to purchase more than 20 licenses please contact Ryan Steuer firstname.lastname@example.org to create a contract.
*Upon request, Magnify Learning can award PGP points based on the hours that a person spends in the PBL Web Sessions.