PBL 101 Workshop : July 31-August 3
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
The Agency for Teaching, Leading, and Learning is partnering with Magnify Learning from Indiana for a four-day PBL Workshop on July 31-August 3, 2017. This 4-day workshop series is designed to increase engagement and academic success of K-12 students through the utilization of high quality project-based learning (PBL) classroom management techniques. The workshop will enable educators to better develop student personal and social skills required to succeed in their post secondary studies and in their careers. Participants will experience a project-based learning environment while learning the nuts and bolts of PBL, and leave this four day workshop with a fully vetted PBL unit ready to implement with confidence! Participants will be divided into an elementary and a secondary group to allow for targeted grade level/content design. The series will be led by a certified PBL elementary and secondary classroom teacher from Magnify Learning. This workshop, PBL 101, is the first pathway to earning PBL Certification. The daily hours for the workshop will be from 8:30 am -3:30 pm with breakfast provided. Lunch is on your own.
*For additional information, contact Jana Loge at JanaLoge@MissouriState.edu. You can follow the Agency for Teaching, Leading, and Learning on Twitter @SWRPDC and on Facebook.
Participants will have the opportunity to choose between various workshop pathways:
PBL 101 for PBL beginners (K-16) <
- Experience a Project Based Learning environment while you learn the nuts and bolts of PBL. You will leave the four day workshop with a fully vetted PBL unit you are ready to implement with confidence!
PBL 201 for PBL practitioners who have attended Magnify Learning PBL 101
- If you have already been through our PBL 101 workshop, you will enjoy this next step as you drive your own process through Need to Knows to help create deeper learning experiences for students, a year long curriculum map, and the basics of earning PBL Certification.
Park Central Office Building Room #112
117 Park Central Square
Springfield, MO 65806
- Registration Cost: $449/per person-Individuals & $429/person-Groups of 5 or more. Registration includes breakfast and parking.
Payment Options: Purchase Order-District pays via Purchase Order/Check-Participant pays for course via personal or district check
Workshop Lodging Options & Restaurants
Hotels near Missouri State:
1. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Springfield-Downtown
- Phone Number: (417)862-0070
- Address: 1117 E Saint Louis St, Springfield, MO 65806-2527
- 0.8 miles from Missouri State
- Website: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Springfield
2. University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
- Phone Number: (417) 864-7333
- Address: 333 S John Q Hammons Pkwy, Springfield, MO 65806-2543
- 0.7 miles from Missouri State
- Website: University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
3. Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven
- Phone Number:(417) 866-1963
- Address: 203 South Glenstone, Springfield, MO 65802
- 1.2 miles Missouri State
- Website Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven
4. Days Inn Springfield
- Phone Number:1-800-329-1992
- Address: 621 W Sunshine St, Springfield, MO 65807-2437
- 1.5 miles from Missouri State
- Website: Days Inn Springfield South
Local Restaurant Recommendations:
- Metropolitan Grill
- Jimm’s Steakhouse & Pub
- City Butcher & BBQ
- Pappo’s Pizzeria
- London Calling Pasty Company
- Springfield Brewing Company
- Great American Taco Company
- Black Sheep Burgers & Shakes
- Cafe Cusco (Peruvian)
- Bambinos (Italian)
- Rama Thai Cafe
- Civil Kitchen