Project-Based Learning Institute : June 12-15
The Southeast RPDC (Southeast Regional Professional Development Center) is partnering with Magnify Learning from Indiana for a four-day Project Based
Learning Institute on June 12-15, 2017. Magnify Learning was created to increase the engagement and success of K-16 students through the utilization of high quality project based learning (PBL). This professional development is for K-16 educators, instructional coaches, and administrators who strive to bring 21st skills into their classrooms. School groups are encouraged to attend in order to work together toward the establishment of collaborative PBL systems designed to meet their particular school culture and needs. The daily hours for the June 12-15 Institute will be from 9 am to 4 pm with a light breakfast and lunch provided each day.
*For additional information, contact Stephanie Kuper at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow Southeast RPDC through their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SoutheastRPDC/
Project-Based Learning Institute
1500 Themis St.
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
- The cost to participate is $449/person.
Payment Options: Check (Mailed)- Participant mails check in advance of the workshop OR Purchase Order- District pays via Purchase Order.
Participants will have the opportunity to choose between various workshop pathways:
PBL 101 for PBL beginners (K-16) <
- Experience a Project Based Learning environment while you learn the nuts and bolts of PBL. You will leave the four day workshop with a fully vetted PBL unit you are ready to implement with confidence!
PBL 201 for PBL practitioners who have attended Magnify Learning PBL 101
- If you have already been through our PBL 101 workshop, you will enjoy this next step as you drive your own process through Need to Knows to help create deeper learning experiences for students, a year long curriculum map, and the basics of earning PBL Certification.
Workshop Lodging Options & Restaurants
Hotels near Franklin Elementary:
1.Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau
- Phone Number: (573)334-6868
- Address: 485 S Mt Auburn Rd, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
- 3 miles from Franklin Elementary
- Website: https://www.ihg.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/cape-girardeau/cgicw/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-CW-_-USA-_-CGICW
2. Pear Tree Inn near Cape Girardeau
- Phone Number: (573) 334-3000
- Address: 3248 William St, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
- 2.5 miles from Franklin Elementary
- Website: https://druryhotels.com/locations/Cape-Girardeau-MO/Pear-Tree-Inn-Cape-Girardeau-Near-the-Medical-Center
3. Comfort Suites Jackson-Cape Girardeau
- Phone Number: (573) 204-0014
- Address: 2904 Old Orchard Rd, Jackson, MO 63755
- 5.5 miles from Franklin Elementary
- Website: https://www.choicehotels.com/missouri/jackson/comfort-suites-hotels/mo243?source=gyxt