Early Registration Promo Code: PBL2018*
Now through April 30th receive 20% OFF!
*Enter the code before you click Checkout.
Scottville 2018 Open Workshops:
The Gateway to Success Academy, in partnership with Magnify Learning, will be offering an open PBL Workshop for any interested educator. This June Magnify Learning will offer a 4-day open enrollment session on Project Based Learning professional development for K-16 educators, instructional coaches, and administrators. Sessions will be held June 18-21 at Gateway to Success Academy in Scottville, Michigan. The daily hours of the workshop will be from 8 am to 3 pm. Each workshop is led by facilitators who have been PBL certified and who have PBL classroom experience. School groups (including administrators) are encouraged to attend in order to work together toward the establishment of collaborative PBL systems designed to meet their particular school culture and needs. Upon the successful completion of each 4-day workshop, participants will receive a certificate for earning 28 Professional Growth Points.
Gateway 2 Success Academy
526 North Scottville Road
Scottville, MI 48454
The cost to participate in the 4 day session is —
$450- Groups of 5 or more
All members of a school team of 5 or more, including at least one administrator, attending the workshops will receive a 10% reduction in their fees.
Participants have the opportunity to choose between various workshop pathways:
- Experience a project-based learning environment while you learn the nuts and bolts of PBL. You will leave the four day workshop with a fully vetted PBL unit you are ready to implement with confidence!
- If you have already been through our PBL Jumpstart (formerly PBL 101) workshop, you will enjoy this next step as you drive your own process through Need to Knows to help create deeper learning experiences for students, a year long curriculum map, and the basics of earning PBL Certification.
PBL Coaching (Administrators/Instructional Coaches)
- For our classroom environments to change, we have to differentiate our support of teachers in order to address their specific needs. Come learn how to help your teachers create classrooms that are student-centered by creating professional development that is teacher-centered.
- Educators with at least two years of PBL experience will work with a PBL Certified facilitator who will guide and support their work during the four day process. This four day process will provide applicants with immediate support and clarification of all materials needed to validate authentic PBL classroom work. It will also clarify what is required to complete the PBL certification process. In addition, there will be an opportunity for applicants to interact with other participants during the four day PBL event. For more information click on PBL Certification.
Workshop Hotel Options & Restaurants
Hotels near Gateway 2 Success Academy:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Ludington
- Phone Number: (231)845-7311
- Address: 4079 US-10, Ludington, MI 49431
- Cost: $119/night
- Distance from Workshop Location: 5.8 miles (8 minutes)
- Best Western Lakewinds
- Phone Number: (855)725-9510
- Address: 5005 W US Highway 10, Ludington, MI 49431
- Cost: $96/night
- Distance from Workshop Location: 6.9 miles (10 minutes)
- Comfort Inn
- Phone Number:
- Address: 5323 W US Highway 10, Ludington, MI 49431-8704
- Cost: $116
- Distance from Workshop Location: 7.4 miles (10 minutes)
- The Inn at Ludington
- Phone Number: (231) 845-7055
- Address: 701 E Ludington Ave, Ludington, MI 49431-2224
- Cost: $126
- Distance from Workshop Location: 8.7 miles (13 minutes)
Local Restaurant Recommendations:
- Brenda’s Burgers
- North Country Cafe
- Johnny’s Sports Bar