Magnify Learning is a teacher driven non-profit organization offering open workshops in summer, onsite workshops, and customized Project Based Learning trainings with an emphasis on sustainability and authenticity.
Magnify Learning’s Vision:
By equipping teachers with the tools and skills of PBL, we help move kids from apathetic to empowered.
Magnify Learning’s Goals:
- Increase the number of K-16 educators successfully trained in and utilizing PBL
- Increase partnerships between K-16 educators and community members to develop and deliver projects
- Prepare and support the utilization of PBL, leading to increased student engagement, academic achievement, and the development of college and career readiness
Magnify Learning’s Story….
With the objective of increasing the engagement and success of K-16 students through the utilization of high quality project based learning (PBL) classroom management techniques, the Indiana Collaborative for Project Based Learning (ICPBL) created Magnify Learning. The creation process was developed over the course of six years (2009-2014). Magnify Learning consolidates the resources of three PBL organizations: the Center of Excellence in Leadership of Learning (CELL), Economic Opportunities through Education by 2015 (EcO15), and the Talent Initiative, a program of the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership.
First offering its services throughout the state of Indiana, Magnify Learning enabled schools, school districts, and out-of-school educational programs to develop project based learning (PBL) systems to address their particular pedagogical needs. Magnify Learning prepares formal and informal educators with classroom management tools to improve student engagement and academic performance. The professional development services offered by Magnify Learning also focus on enabling educators to better develop in their students the personal and social skills required to succeed in their post-secondary studies and in their careers.
For the past three years (2015-2017) Magnify Learning has both strengthened its mission and vision and has built upon its PBL roots. Its focus has expanded to creating sustainable systems of PBL across the country. We’ve held 76 workshops and trained 2,138 educators. We’ve helped 50 educators achieve PBL Certification. Our work has impacted 387 schools and 284 districts. Our trainings have taken us to 10 different states, and our facilitators have come from three different countries. We are passionate about transforming education, and we love sharing PBL with others!
Magnify Learning’s Impact:
Magnify Learning offers two professional development models:
- Four day K-16 workshops in PBL held in two Indiana locations each June, accommodating multiple pathways for PBL skills development
- On-site workshops, custom designed and delivered to address the needs of specific schools, school districts and out-of-school programs
In addition, Magnify Learning continues to manage the following programs:
- The PBL Teacher Certification process to recognize those educators who are experienced and successful in the utilization of the PBL teaching strategy.
- Indiana PBL website (http://www.rose-prism.org/moodle/prism/icpbl/), which houses the on-line PBL certification process, a library of PBL project documentation, and access to an extensive list of related resources.
Additional Magnify Learning information:
- Download this PowerPoint to get an overview of Magnify Learning.
- Click here to see a visual for the Magnify Learning organization.
Interested in Our Services?
- For more information about our services and costs, please fill out the following form, and a Magnify Learning representative will contact you: On-Site Professional Development-Interest in Services
We love to get teachers to their sweet spot through professional development in PBL!