Project Based Learning
- student-focused classroom
PBL successfully prepares students to take more responsibility for their learning and to prepare them better for the requirements of post-secondary studies and the workplace.
- student engagement = student achievement
In PBL classrooms, students demonstrate improved attitudes toward learning -- higher engagement, self-reliance, and attendance; PBL can close the achievement gap by serving diverse learners.
- building students' problem-solving and 21st century skills
Students in PBL classrooms demonstrate high-level critical-thinking and collaboration skills; real world problem-solving is a significant driver of high work quality.
have participated in Magnify Learning workshops during the past 7 years
have been certified as expert PBL facilitators
available in the Magnify Learning on-line library
- 4-day summer professional development programs for K-16 educators
- On-site professional development for K-16 educators, custom designed and delivered at schools
- PBL certification for experienced and successful PBL educators
- Access to on-line resources to support PBL in the classroom
- Magnify Learning is the preferred provider of PBL professional development for the New Tech Network http://www.newtechnetwork.org/
- Increase the number of K-16 educators successfully trained in and utilizing PBL
- Increase partnerships between K-16 educators and community members to develop and deliver projects
- Prepare and support the utilization of PBL, leading to increased student engagement, academic achievement, and the development of college and career readiness skills
- Follow the regular blog written by facilitators (and students) at Columbus Signature Academy New Tech High School, a ‘wall-to-wall’ PBL school: PBL in the Classroom
©2015-2016 Magnify Learning. All Rights Reserved.